I’m taking a quick study break to document my first week of classes and oh, was it an emotional roller coaster. The first day I managed to make it to the right building for math class, then I ended up in the wrong classroom. Shortly after, I was smacked with textbook and access code requirements, but other than that everything has been great. Here’s a short recap of my first week:
- We had the SOVO fair which is an event where most, if not all, of the school’s student organizations pitch themselves to us Freshmen.
- I found out the true meaning of “Broke College Students” after purchasing my textbooks… yippee.
- I packed all of the important dates from each syllabi to my planner (this took forever, but it was well worth it)
- I’m buried under textbook readings
- I almost fell victim to one of VCU’s many treacherous sidewalks
- I almost got stuck in an elevator
- I successfully completed my first networking event
- I’m well on my way to the Freshmen 15 thanks to unhealthy, late night dinners of course
- Oh, I almost forgot… *cues drumroll*… I was featured on VCU’s Facebook page!!
Hopefully as I get into more of routine I can blog more frequently, but until then thanks for stopping by and back to the grindstone I go.
Leave a Reply