One of the most important things a Black woman has to consider when traveling is her hair. Should I wear a wig? Box Braids? Kinky Twists? I knew a wig wasn’t practical for our trip considering the things that we planned to do at each port. That said, braids and twists were bumped up to the top of my list. I’ve done braids before, so I wanted to try something different. One of my friends tried spring twists first, I loved the results and decided to give it a shot. After watching numerous Youtube videos, I was confident that I could pull it off. I ordered the hair and set aside a day to install the twists. It was super easy.
Tutorials I Watched
- Spring Twist Hair (color T1B-30)
- Rat tooth/parting comb
- Eco Style Gel (Black Castor and Flaxseed Oil)
- Palmers Olive Oil Formula Conditioning Spray
- Hair clips (provided with the hair)
Things I Wish I’d Done Differently
- Made the parts smaller– in a couple of the tutorials, they say that the parts aren’t really a big deal which is true. However, I think for the sake of the longevity of this style, smaller parts are ideal.
- Used a more moisturizing gel– next time, I’m going to opt for Cream of Nature’s Argan Oil edge control.
What I Love About The Style
- The versatility– I’ve worn my twists in a bun, half up-half down… all of that
- The twists are lightweight
Important Things to Note
- It’s important to fluff each piece of hair
- Remember to twist to the left!
- The hair that I linked comes with 3 packs, I only used 2 and a half (one piece of hair per twist).
I loved this style so much, I’m already planning to order more hair. This will definitely be one of my go-to protective styles.