Hello, I’m Andacia (and-uh-see-ya) and welcome to For the Determined. I’m a non-traditional pre-medicine student that’s passionate about social justice, mentorship, and Black women.
I started “Andacia Kay” during my senior year of high school, mostly because I needed a hobby. In 2017, I re-branded and decided to name this space “For The Determined”. Ultimately, I wanted to share my pre-medicine journey in hopes of helping somebody else.
In May 2020, I graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Sociology with a minor in Chemistry. I have tons of college content that you can read here. Currently, I’m in my gap period where I’m working to get more healthcare experience before applying to medical school. You can read about my journey to medicine here.
I truly cherish this space because I feel that I can authentically be myself. Not only that, but I’m able to create content on my own terms. I publish content on my journey to medicine, lifestyle, and random topics I care about. I hope to provide content that keeps you coming back for more. Thanks for reading and be sure to join my mailing list!
- I’m 4’11”
- I’m a dog mom
- I started a student org called Sisters and Stethoscopes with my best friends
- I come from a blended family– I’m the oldest of four girls
- My mom sent me to a nursing camp one summer that exposed to the world of medicine. There, I learned about OB/GYNs and decided I’d become one.
- Reality TV is my guilty pleasure
- I was a Biology major before switching to Sociology (read more here)
- DC is my favorite city
a few links to get you started:
Books for Black Pre-Med Students | Deciding to Take a Gap Year as a Premed Student | My MCAT Posts |How to get Shadowing Experience